Marie & Arthur
My wife handled all the preparations for the wedding except for one thing: the photographer. I was determined to find the absolute best one in order to keep memories for a lifetime. I listed all the professionals working in our area, proceeded to take notes and rate them one by one.
Louis David rated highest on my list, I was blown away by the purity and emotions in his photos. It felt like I actually attended those weddings of exceptional people. That's when I realized how incredibly talented he is at capturing precious moments and revealing feelings.
He was my first choice and he greatly exceeded our expectations: he is an artist with creative ideas, a great technician, an entertainer and an experienced professional prepared for every possible situation.
What I liked most about him during our wedding:
- Always one step ahead: he made sure he always was at the right place at the right time. He didn't miss a single thing (preparations, cars, parents, kisses, speeches...)
- Smooth and confident: as an experienced professional, he knew where to go, how to interact with the staff, what to avoid.
- Good taste: he helped us shape a modern, beautiful and fun atmosphere with his suggestions. Thanks to him we avoided corny cliches.
- Interactions with the guests: he was actively engaging our guests and made sure everyone got a picture. Our shy cousins even expressed how grateful they were he sought them out for a shot, and he made everyone happy!
- Creative ideas: an original high-end Polaroïd camera to take a few shots, a portable photo studio where all our guests went completely crazy until late in the night (costumes and props), surreal pictures of the venue in the moonlight
- Backup equipment: he had so much of it! (dual cards backing each other up, backup cameras, flash, etc.) We knew our memories were safe.
- Up-to-date on technology: As an IT professional, I can vouch for him as a computer savvy person. He knows how to properly handle, retouch and transfer photos with the best tools available. In addition to the photo book we received, he gave us access to all the photos in digital format in maximum quality.
Family and friends enjoyed the photos so much, most of them still use their portraits as their profile photo in Facebook or LinkedIn, and many asked for his contact.
We also hired Louis for a shoot in Stockholm, Sweden for a couple of days, and if we're lucky to have him again, I hope he can get pictures of our newly grown family.
I highly recommend Louis David, he is a world-class photographer with a sharp mind and a big heart."